Friday, June 7, 2013

Week10 Interactive, Learner-Centered, Preparation



I cannot believe ten weeks have passed since April. They were busy but exciting and so precious weeks.

I have learned new technologies through the course. The first tool I found very useful is this blog. Reflecting the past week, I can make sure what I have learned and organize my ideas.

As for PowerPoint, I liked the topic of interactive slides. I think it very important to keep in mind to make them interactive. I enjoyed creating quizzes, games, and questionnaires through the sites. Once we are familiar with those sites, we can use each activity separately and as elements integrated in one lessen. 

Padlet as well as Delicious is also the new technology I want to use. It is very easy and convenient to use once you created one. Nicenet and Class Wiki will be also helpful communication tools through writing and reading.

Writing objectives and rubrics is an essential topic associated with the idea of learner autonomy.

I read some articles with different titles through the course. All the articles implied the importance of interactive, learner-centered perspective. And I recognized teachers need preparation. So all the articles in different titles are combined as a whole.

This course will be closed soon. I will explore some of the sites to know further in detail. I am thankful for everything to Ms. Donna Shaw and all the participants. I also want to show my gratitude to the staff of Oregon University providing me with such a wonderful opportunity to participate in this course.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Sawako,

    All the technology tools you have mentioned in your blog are very useful to integrate in our teaching practices. Your class is definitely very active, and I think it will be more student-based one after finishing this course. You are right; we have learned about new things in this course. We ought to be thankful to Donna and University of Oregon for granting us this great opportunity.

    Wishing you all the best on your teaching career.

    Regards,

    Dareen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sawako,

    Just as you, I'm also grateful for this wonderful experience we lived through ten weeks. And I agree with Dareen and you, we really learned so many new things that I'm still digesting some of them. For sure I'm coming back to some of the articles we read and exploring more some of the tools we used.

    Greetings from Colombia,
    Verónica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sawako,

    Thank you for being such a wonderful course participant and for being so supportive of your fellow participants. You've done a great job, and I wish you all the very, very best in all you do.

    A giant hug to you!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete