I browsed several reading/writing web
sites. They are interesting and appealing. They can be helpful tools for
students to have themselves engage in reading or writing. I think reading and
writing need more autonomous and active attitudes to be developed. In other
words, students should be guided in proper way. Most of my students tend to
think they are not good at listening and speaking. However, they need more time
and effort to be developed in these two skills. Without reading and writing
skills, their listening and speaking skills will not improve. It is significant
to implement procedures using those sites to motivate students to keep
learning.
In designing a technology enhanced lesson plan, I wondered who the audience and what the level should be. In this task, I imagined the audience as the students now I teach.
Hi Sawako,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that reading and writing are the most crucial and important skills in language learning. Without having the ability of reading or writing a specific language, we can not admit that learners have acquired it. Using technological tools as websites, and powerpoints are very helpful in teaching these two skills. I tried the technology enhanced lesson plan I created in the task for this week with my students, and it went just amazingly. The students really enjoyed the new way the lesson is presented, in addition to their admiration to technology and technological tools. I wish if you tried using them now with your students. You are going to be surprised by the results. I am sure.
Good luck with your classes.
Khadija