After reading Alternative Assessment, I
created rubrics using one of the rubrics sites. This is my first time to create
my own rubrics. I use evaluation sheet with categories or check lists in
evaluating oral presentation. Rubrics is with detailed description for
categories and levels. I think implementing rubrics in my lessen will benefit
students’ learning. As required accomplishment is clearly written, students
will feel secured and make efforts to reach their own goal. They can also feel
that they are judged fairly based on the description.
Project Based Learning is a very
interesting and useful approach. It also has the aspect of cooperative
learning. Though preparing goals and procedures needs time, students themselves
will go on working on the project once students start to engage in the project.
Students will learn more with less teaching. It is a very effective approach. The
problem of implementing PBL is flexibility in time and contents.
A WebQuest is a very significant tool as
well. This is also learner-centered and students will proceed guided by
procedures designed by teachers. One of the aims of my learning web skills is to motivate students to study and learn, I think this WebQuest is a very effective tool. I am not sure I will be able to accomplish
creating a lesson with a WebQuest, I will try. I really wish to use it.
Resources
http://www.webquest.org/search/index.php
Hello Sawako,
ReplyDeleteI think you made a good point saying that the use of rubrics can help students feel more secured. I absolutely agree with you. If students know the grading criteria, they will try to follow them while they are doing the task and won't be surprised by the grade they receive. Also, the teacher can always justify her decision if she has a detailed rubric.
Anna