Readings and resources for this week is about engaging
students – technology aids and interactive PowerPoint. Both of the topics are
helpful to make my class interactive. I focused on interactive PowerPoint
because I do not know much about creating my own slides and using effectively. My class is done with handouts, a white-board,
a textbook, a loudspeaker connected to ipod touch for sound materials. Before I
read these articles, I thought PowerPoint is mainly for lectures giving the
audience main points to follow and have them concentrated. I found that I
should realize the usefulness of PowerPoint for increasing the interactive
atmosphere in class.
This week I made my own slides with hyperlinks for the first
time. I tried to make my own quizzes with buttons at first, but I couldn’t. I
will keep trying anyway. In this task my topic was learning English with easy
math. Some of the students do not try to read English. I think they will read the
questions and try to understand them to answer without translating them into
Japanese. It took me a lot of time to choose a topic and to figure out how to
make the slides interactive. However, I am sure I will be better as I continue
making more slides and using them.
As for implementing technology-related change in my class, I
could not begin this week and will not be able to next week for whole the class
due to school schedule. I would like to try some of the changes to part of the
students while working on my plan.
Resources
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQra4baNwP8
Hello Sawako,
ReplyDeleteI read you post and noticed some similarities between you and me.
Like you, I found this week readings interesting and full of ideas that can be implemented to make lessons more interactive.
Like you, I couldn’t start my project this week. Moreover, as my classes finish this coming week, I will have to work on a project plan.
I hope you will be able to introduce your technology related change. Good luck,
Anna