Sunday, May 19, 2013

Week 7 Learner autonomy / Padlet / Finding partners


I mainly read articles on learner autonomy. I found a lot of similar situations or problems to solve while discussing the topic. Teachers all over the world are wondering how they can motivate students. Utilizing web skills in teaching will have good effect on learner autonomy.

 This week’s task taught me how to use Padlet. It is a very convenient tool to share materials with others in class. I would like to implement Padlet in my class and tell other teachers about it.

 I worked on writing my final project. I first created a blog for my students. But I found  we cannot use the blog in the computer lab at my school. Every blog or SNS related sites are blocked in the lab. I told some of my students to access the blog at their homes. Most of them were able to open the blog, but they did not post their comments because they did not know how to do it or they hesitated to create their account. There must be some way to use the blog in the computer lab. However, my main new technology is Webquest.

I must finish modifying my Webquest. Every participant found partners this week. I will try hard to accomplish the Webquest and the first draft.



1 comment:


  1. Hello Sawako

    I liked your post! I agree with you that this week's readings were very interesting and useful for teachers. Using padlet and sharing materials with my colleagues gave me pleasure.

    I am glad you started to create a blog for your class. I hope you will cope with all difficulties.

    Your partner is Anna. I am sure you will succeed in preparing your final project!

    Good luck to you!

    Best regards

    Gulnar

    ReplyDelete